Metamask is a crypto wallet that allows you to manage your digital assets, and store and exchange tokens. In addition, install Metamask as a browser extension on your PC or Mac.
You can install Metamask on your iPhone. The accounts may also be synced, so you don’t have to create a separate account for Metamask on your iPhone. This article will guide you through the installation process, assuming you don’t have the Metamask wallet account.
Table of Content
Things You Should Know About MetaMask Mobile App
The iOS and Android version of MetaMask allows you to do various transactions on the mobile device, here are the features you can use:
- Manage your digital assets with the help of MetaMask’s key storage, login security, and digital wallet features.
- Protect your accounts with randomly generated passwords and keys.
View content and use services hosted on the blockchain without the need for a central server.
- Choose how much of your personal data to make available to apps and how much to keep secret.
How to Install Metamask on iPhone
Installing Metamask on your iPhone is fairly simple and easy. Before installing the app, make sure your iOS is up to date. Follow the instructions below to install Metamask on your iPhone.
- Open your App Store.
- On the search bar, type in Metamask.
- Click the Get button to download MetaMask.
- After you’ve finished installing the program, launch Metamask.
- Click Get Started.
- Click Create a new wallet, to create a new wallet account.
|Note: If you already have Metamask Wallet, you can use your Secret Recovery Phrase by clicking the Import Wallet.|
- Click the I Agree button.
- Enter your Desired Password.
|Note: The Password must be at least 8 characters.|
- Slide the Touch ID slider if you wish to unlock the Metamask application with a Fingerprint.
|Note: The Slide button is Optional.|
- Tick the box for the term and conditions.
- Click Create Password.
- Next, click Start.
- To view the Secret Recovery Phrase click View.
|Note: Please take note of your Secret Recovery Phrase and save it on your storage. Because this can be used to back up and restore your account.|
|Note: Never reveal your Secret Recovery Phrase to anyone else, or your digital assets could be seized by the person who knows it.|
- Next, click Continue to continue.
- Confirm your Secret Recovery Phrase in order.
- Click Done to confirm.
Voila! You have successfully installed and created the Metamask wallet account. Start Managing your digital assets through your iPhone device. You can now sync into any other devices that have the Metamask.
How to Use MetaMask on iPhone
Besides being available as a Chrome extension and Firefox, MetaMask is easy to use on the mobile version. To use a platform like Uniswap, OpenSea, or Foundation, you will need to link your MetaMask wallet to your PC or mobile device in one of several ways. Follow the steps below:
- Open MetaMask on your iPhone.
- You can connect your wallet on almost any device by looking for a “Connect Wallet” or equivalent button.
- If you are using a computer, clicking “Connect Wallet” will bring up a window where you may choose the wallet you wish to use.
- Go with the MetaMask alternative. There needs to be a QR code there. There are occasions when clicking the “Connect Wallet” button just yields a QR code and not the option to use MetaMask. It’s all right if you feel that way.
- The QR code scanner in MetaMask is a handy addition. Scan the QR code by pressing the square button in the upper right corner of your screen.
Note: Be wary of syncing your money with unknown websites or apps. If you have any doubts about its legitimacy, you should investigate more. First and foremost, your Secret Recovery Phrase should never be shared with anyone or any app.
You can connect your wallet even more quickly and easily if you use your phone to use a platform like OpenSea. If you’re using OpenSea or another platform, you can connect to your MetaMask wallet by selecting the “Connect Wallet” option. When the app is launched, a confirmation window will appear.
A Quick Response (QR) Code is unnecessary. When you click the confirmation link in the notification, your MetaMask wallet will establish a connection with the service you were using before. Simply returning to the hub will re-establish the link between the wallet and the hub.
For Beta Testers, MetaMask also provides its beta version for those who want to experience beta. Those who are already using the iOS beta version of Testflight will have access to it indefinitely. Although the commercial version of MetaMask Mobile is now available on the Apple App Store, you will need to re-establish your wallet using the seed phrase or by syncing with your MetaMask extension before you can begin using it.
The transition from the Open Beta to the final production version of the Android app will be easy for current users. If you have automatic updates set up, you won’t need to do a thing.
If you decide to leave the beta program, you should back up your wallet by storing the private keys for any imported accounts and the wallet’s seed phrase. After you leave the test, Google Play may prompt you to reinstall.