This article will guide you through how to add custom networks on MetaMask easily. This custom network is used when you want to send, trade, or swap a token that is not an Ethereum native token, or the tokens have their network for transactions. You can add a new network to MetaMask by following the guide below.
Table of Content
Things You Should Know About Custom Networks
- Non-Ethereum Networks are another name for Custom Networks, and they should be compatible with any EVM (Ethereum Virtual Machine). Due to the fact that Custom Networks are based on the EVM, the terms and systems of Custom Networks are quite comparable to those of Ethereum Networks.
- Now, MetaMask is compatible with a broad variety of different Custom Networks that were created using the EVM. It is necessary for the user to fill out a variety of fields in order for the Custom Networks to be added to the MetaMask.
3 Methods in Adding Custom Networks on MetaMask
There are currently three easy methods available for integrating a custom network into MetaMask. These three approaches are rather easy to put into practice, particularly for those who are new to bitcoin. The following is a list of the three easy methods that may be utilized in order to integrate a custom network into your existing MetaMask wallet.
- Adding a Custom Network using the ChainList.
- Adding a Custom Network to MetaMask for the Browser Extension.
- Adding a Custom Network to MetaMask for the MetaMask Mobile Application.
1. Adding a Custom Networks on MetaMask using the ChainList
ChainList is an open-source tool that provides a list of EVM networks. Users are able to make use of this information to link their wallets and Web3 middleware providers to the proper Chain ID and Network ID in order to connect to the relevant chain.
- On your Web Browser navigate to the ChainList.
- On the ChainList Home Page, click the “Connect Wallet” button.
3. The button will open up your MetaMask wallet pop-out window. Fill in your “Password” field.
4. Click “Unlock” to proceed.
5. Click the “Next” button to proceed.
6. Click “Connect” to confirm the Integration between the ChainList and your MetaMask wallet.
7. After completing the integration, select the “Custom Network” you wish to add.
8. Click the “Add to MetaMask” button on the Custom Network you wish to add.
9. MetaMask will pop out a new window. Click “Approve” to approve the addition of the selected custom network.
10. Click “Switch Network” to confirm the addition of the selected custom network.
Note: Before switching the network, please process your pending transactions.
11. The selected Custom Network has been added to your MetaMask Wallet.
Now, you can simply add a custom network to your MetaMask wallet by utilizing the ChainList third-party open-source program. This will give a list of EVM, by following the methods described above.
2. Adding Custom Networks on MetaMask for the Browser Extension
MetaMask provides a feature where you can add a custom network for your selected token. Follow the steps below to add a custom network to MetaMask.
- Launch your MetaMask application.
- On the Home Page screen menu, you can see the Ethereum Mainnet which is the default network of MetaMask.
- Click the drop-down button next to the Ethereum Mainnet.
4. Click “Add Network.”
5. A new window to add a network will appear.
|Network Name*||The Name of the network which you want to add to the MetaMask|
|New RPC URL*||The RPC URL of the network you want to add.|
|Chain ID*||The Chain ID for the network you want to add is used for the transactions for the network.|
|Currency Symbol*||The Currency Symbol of the network you want to add.|
|Block Explorer URL||The Block Explorer URL is the tool URL that provides the necessary information about the network you want to add.|
6. Fill in the respective field with the information of the network you want to add to your MetaMask wallet.
7. Click “Save“ to save the configuration.
Voila! The newly-added network will be displayed on the MetaMask Home Screen’s network drop-down list button. There, you may choose the network. Through the network, you may now switch between.
3. Adding Custom Networks on MetaMask for Mobile Application
The MetaMask mobile app lets you create a custom network for your chosen cryptocurrency. The MetaMask 5.3.0 edition also includes a well-known list of Custom networks, which you may add with a single click. Follow the instructions below to add a custom network to MetaMask for the Mobile Application.
- Tap the hamburger icon in the top-left of the screen.
2. Click “Settings.”
3. Click the “Network” button. You will see a list of network options.
4. Click the “Add Network” button.
5. If you want to add the popular custom network, select the custom network you wish to add. Then click the “Add” button on the right side of the selected custom network.
6. If you want to add a different custom network from the popular list, click the “Custom Networks” tab.
7. Fill in all the required fields.
8. Click “Add” to add the Custom Network.
Voila! The newly added network will be displayed in the network drop-down list button on the MetaMask Mobile Application Home Screen. You may select the network there. You may now switch between them over the network.
Nevertheless, if you use the MetaMask mobile application (version 5.3.0), you can now install the well-known custom network with only one click rather than having to fill out multiple data fields as was previously required. The list of prominent Custom networks that follows is presented below.
- BNB Chain/Binance Smart Chain