iPhone is one of the best smartphones on earth. Its integrated system with the most advanced technology has brought innovation to many people. One of its best photo manager apps is Photos, where you can store your pictures and videos. It also receives continuous updates every year with iOS.
Using the Apple Photos app to create photo albums is a quick, easy, and useful method to categorize and share memorable vacations or events. But how do you get rid of them? Albums created in the Photos app frequently have a finite lifespan. If you have a habit of backing up and deleting older photos to clear up storage space, you may find yourself with many vacant albums in the Photos app.
Photos is an app that comes with every iPhone and iOS device. It allows you to organize photos and videos you’ve taken or downloaded. Photo albums are an excellent way to organize photos and videos from vacations or events. When it comes to deleting these photos, however, things can get complicated.
If you have synced your iPhone with iCloud or iTunes, you may be unable to delete some albums. However, user-created albums are much easier to delete.
Table of Content
Things You Should Know About Deleting Albums on iPhone
- Deleted pictures, videos, or albums on iPhone devices are not permanently deleted. They will be stored in Deleted Folder for the next 30 days before Apple delete them.
- You will have options whether to Recover or Delete it all on the folder.
- If you activate iCloud, all deleted files on your iPhone device will be synched and automatically deleted on iCloud too.
- You can also delete pictures, videos, files, and apps from iCloud.
#1 How to Delete an Album on iPhone and iPad
Deleting albums on iPhone can also be done on iPad. You can open the Photos app and follow the steps below!
- Open the Photos app and select the Albums option, which is located third from the left at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the “See All” button next to the My Albums heading to see all of your albums.
- Now, in the top right corner, tap “Edit.” Tap the red minus symbol next to the album you want to delete, followed by the “Delete Album” prompt.
- Finally, in the top right corner, tap “Done.” Your album has been removed from Photos.
If you install Twitter and WhatsApp, they will create albums folder on Photos when you grant them access to the photo library. Those albums keep anything you’ve sent, captured, or downloaded from the app. You can delete these albums by repeating the previous steps.
#2 How to Delete an Album on Mac
Deleting a photo album using the Photos app on the Mac is even easier than on the iPhone and iPad.
- On your Mac, open the Photos app. Expand the My Albums folder on the sidebar now.
- Look for the folder you wish to delete and right-click on it.
- Select the “Delete Album” option from the context menu.
- A pop-up window will now appear, requesting confirmation. Click the “Delete” button.
- The album will now be removed from your iCloud Photo Library, and the change will be reflected on all of your devices. Again, none of your images will be affected.
iCloud is one of the most secure cloud storage and it is where you can store your files right from your Apple device. It also features a security system that synchronizes all Apple devices, which also allows users to access files from any device.
If you’re storing your files on iCloud, some albums can’t be deleted. You have to log in to your iCloud and delete them from there. These additional tips below should be your reference about deleting albums on iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
- In the Photos app on your iPhone, you can delete albums.
- Deleting an album does not remove its photos; you must remove them from the Library.
- However, if you’ve connected your iPhone to iCloud, you won’t be able to delete some albums.
- Many photo albums on an iPhone can’t be removed because they have been synced with iCloud or iTunes.
- Albums curated by your iPhone’s Photos app, such as Screenshots or Selfies, cannot be deleted.
- You can, however, delete an album that you created by tapping the + button and adding photos to it.
- Synced albums from iTunes can be removed from your device by connecting it to a computer running the iTunes app.