How to take screenshots on iPhone 11? Taking screenshots is today an important feature of any phone or tablet. This means that you can take a picture of what’s on the screen at that exact moment on your Apple iPhone 11. There are apps that can do this, but you don’t need to install any extra ones because it’s already built into the iOS 13 operating system.
Table of Content
Things You Should Know About iPhone’s Screenshot Feature
- Taking screenshots on iPhone can be done in various ways, depending on your iPhone model.
- For iPhone 8s and older, you still can use the home button. For iPhone X and later, the home button is taken out and you can do it in different ways.
- The latest iOS version also brings new accessibility features to set up your iPhone in taking screenshots.
How to Take Screenshots on iPhone 11?
When you take a screenshot, you can save that WhatsApp conversation, Tinder date, Instagram story, Facebook photo, or video frame in the memory of your Apple device. You can easily try these 4 methods to take screenshots on your iPhone 11. Let’s check ’em out!
How to Take Screenshots on iPhone 11: Using Buttons
Follow these easy steps if you want to take a screenshot on your Apple iPhone 11:
- First, go to the screen you want to take a screenshot of on your Apple iPhone 11, whether it’s a website, a chat window, or an app.
- Press the Power and the Volume Up button at the same time on your Apple iPhone 11. Quickly let go of both buttons.
- The captured image will be shrunk and show up in the lower-left corner of the iPhone 11 screen for a few seconds. If you want to edit or share the capture right away, click on the thumbnail before it goes away. If you don’t want to use the screenshot right now, you can just ignore the thumbnail and keep using the device to take more.
- If you click on the thumbnail, the screenshot editor will open, where you can edit, cut, draw, erase, add arrows, circles, comment bubbles, use the magnifying glass, and add text or a signature.
- Once you’re done editing the screenshot, press “OK” to save it to your iPhone 11’s photo gallery. It will ask if you want to save it to the photo gallery or delete it.
- If you want to send the capture, press the share button, choose the app to send it to, and then press “OK.” Once the capture has been sent, it will ask if you want to save it or delete it.
How to Take Screenshots on iPhone 11: Using Siri
You can take a screenshot on an iPhone 11 by pressing the Side and Volume Up buttons. This is the easiest way to do it, but you can also take a screenshot without pressing any buttons. This is how:
- Open Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on Accessibility.
- Turn on Siri on the tab Siri.
- Now you can try it by saying “Hi, Siri!”
- Say what you want Siri to do, let’s say “Take a screenshot!”
- Your phone will automatically take screenshots.
You can ask Siri to take a screenshot for you if you use Siri. Just tell Siri to “take a screenshot” by holding down the Side button or saying “Hey Siri” if you have that feature turned on. The rest is the same as in the previous section.
How to Take Screenshots on iPhone 11: Activating Double Tap
This hidden feature lets you take a screenshot by double-tapping the back of your iPhone 11 or any other compatible model running iOS 14 or later. The double-tap action is made to help people who have trouble with their motor skills, but anyone can use it. What you should do is:
- Open Settings.
- Accessibility > Touch.
- Tap Back Tap > Double Tap > Screenshot.
- Now, anytime you want to take screenshots, double tap the back of your iPhone.
Additional Method: Fullpage Screenshot
If you want to capture a whole web page on your iPhone 11, you should first know that this method only works with Apple’s Safari browser. To do a full capture with a scroll, open the page you want to capture in Safari and scroll to it.
- Take the screenshot using the steps above.
- When you take the screenshot, a thumbnail will appear in the lower-left corner of the Apple iPhone 11 screen.
- Click on the thumbnail to open the screenshot editing app.
- At the top right, you’ll see the text “Full page.” Click on it to see the full screenshot and scroll to the right side of the screen.
- By clicking on the arrow icon in the upper right corner of the screen, you can now add notes, draw on the screenshot, crop it, turn it, and share it.
- To save the photo in the photo gallery, press “Done.”
How to Take Screenshots on iPhone 8s and older iPhones
iPhone 8s and older iPhones with a home button still get the classic ways to take screenshots. If you’re still using your home-button iPhones, follow the steps below:
- Hold your phone and simply press Home Button and Power Button at the same time.
How to Take Screenshots on iPad
The steps for taking a screenshot on an iPad are very similar to those on an iPhone.
- If you want to access the Home screen on a newer iPad Pro, iPad Air, or iPad mini that doesn’t have a physical Home button, you’ll need to press the top button in addition to either the volume up or volume down arrow.
- If your iPad has a Home button (all iPads save the iPad Pro, iPad Air, and iPad mini), then you need to press the top button and the Home button at the same time.
- On an iPad, you can utilize the Apple Pencil as a screenshot tool. To take a screenshot, swipe up from the image’s lower-right corner with your Apple Pencil.
How to Take Screenshots on Apple Watch
To take a picture of your Apple Watch screen, you must first turn on the feature.
- To enable screenshots, launch the Watch app on your iPhone
- Press My Watch > General > Enable Screenshots, or launch Settings > General and tap Enable Screenshots directly on your watch.
- On an Apple Watch, you can snap a screenshot by bringing up the relevant screen.
- Keep holding the Side button and use the Digital Crown to do something else.
- The screen “flashes” white and the camera shutter sound off, just as on an iPhone. The captured image will be saved to your iPhone’s gallery rather than the watch.
If you don’t want to bother to press both the home button and the power button, you can set up the screenshot by following these steps.
- Open Settings.
- Select Control Center, then tap on the Screenshot icon control.
- Add it to the Included Controls.
- The Screenshot icon will be shown on your Control Center menu.