Snapchat is one of the most popular social media in the world. Its fun and creative features have been the best way for users to express their feelings. But for Android users, Snapchat with dark mode seems to not yet come. It could be a cool thing for users. Yet, it hasn’t seemed to be available till now.
Dark Mode is a color scheme setting that makes the app’s background darker. The Dark Mode display setting is also known as bedtime mode and is easier on the eyes. Though no studies have been conducted, some reports claim that the mode is especially useful when using a Dark Mode app in a dark environment.
It causes irritation to stare at the blue light for long periods of time in a dark room, which can lead to insomnia and chronic headaches. Because of this, having your device’s dark mode enabled can help you maintain good eye health.
Table of Content
Things You Should Know About Dark Mode
- Some early home computers used monochrome CRT monitors with greenish letters on a black screen.
- Early word processors allowed for white writing on a black background.
- Xerox and CPT Corporation manufactured word processors with a white screen and black writing in the 1980s. This mimicked ink on paper.
- The dark mode is back after decades. Companies like Apple and Google strongly promoted dark themes, and the world followed.
How to Activate Dark Mode on Snapchat Android
Until Snapchat adds official support for Dark Mode on Android, some of you may have to use the Light Theme. Here’s the step-by-step of how to use Dark Mode on Android:
- Select the “Gear Icon” (Settings) in the top right menu.
- Scroll down and tap “App Appearance.”
- Choose “Always Dark.” This will change the background color of your Android phone.
- Snapchat should switch to night mode at this point.
- If it didn’t, you may need to activate developer mode.
This method should be working on the newer Android phones, but not working on all. If your phone doesn’t support Developer Mode, you can try these methods.
1. How to Get Dark Mode on Snapchat Android via Developer Mode
If you still can’t activate the dark mode on your Android, you can try the alternative by using Developer Mode. This mode allows you to customize your Android theme.
- Go back to the phone’s settings menu and tap “About Phone“—it should be located somewhere at the bottom.
- Look for the “Build number” section. You may need to go to “Software Information” on some phones before you can access the app store.
- To activate developer mode, tap “Build Number” six times.
- Developer Options should now be enabled.
- Go back to the “Settings” menu and select System, which will reveal the newly discovered “Developer Options,” and then tap it.
- Find the “Force Dark Mode” panel and activate it.
- Make sure you’re familiar with your Android device’s menu layouts, as some devices may not have “Force Dark Mode” in the developer mode settings.
2. How to Ask Snapchat Developer to Add Dark Mode on Android Version
Well, if you really need the dark mode on Snapchat Android, the only way to do it is to submit your request on Snapchat’s suggestion tab or official website. Here’s how to do it.
- On your Snapchat app, tap on Bitmoji or the profile icon. It’s in the top left corner.
- Tap on “Settings,” and tap on “I have a suggestion.”
- You can submit your suggestions, comments, or request to the developer about the dark mode on Snapchat. This might not be working quickly, yet at least you have let them know about it.
Why Should You Use Dark Mode?
Dark Mode is good to protect users’ eyes from vision issues caused by excessive light. Here’s why you should activate dark mode on your phone:
- The more you use Snapchat in low-light situations, the better your eyes will be.
- If you stare at a bright screen for an extended period of time, you may find it difficult to fall asleep.
- Dark backgrounds on electronic devices are also good for those with vision issues or eye diseases.
- It is a power saver.
- Night mode drains the battery more slowly than light mode because a darker theme requires less light to display.
Does Snapchat on Android Support Dark Mode?
As of this writing, Snapchat does not support dark mode on Android devices. Some workarounds may necessitate the use of third-party applications. So far, it is only available to users in the United States and Australia. If you leave your current location, you may lose access to your App Appearance. Snapchat’s Dark Mode will most likely be made available to all app users in the future.
- If your Android doesn’t support dark mode, you can apply the color inverted by entering the developer mode.
- You can activate the dark mode on Android during nighttime. It might reduce the risk of tired eyes.
- The dark mode on Snapchat Android is not yet released, but these methods should be your best way to activate it yourself.
- For some Android phones, these methods might not be working. Make sure you have the latest or newer Android phones.